Wednesday, January 16, 2008

COGS 121 Blog Entry - Week 2

I created my site this week. I took the suggestion to create a personal site, and plan develop it in php throughout this course.

I think personal sites should be simple, especially for web developers, as it's difficult to create a multimedia rich site that's up to the standards of the sites I work on professionally, with graphic designers and engineers working in teams. Rather than trying to present an example of my work through the actual form of my own site, I intend to make it highly accessible and simple.

My resume will eventually be offered through a superficially secure PHP authentication script to prevent identity theft while offering potential employers all of my information in a concise, professional resume.

At the moment I am not looking for a job, so the primary purpose of this site is to serve as an online business card.

It was annoying to have to comment each HTML tag, so the site took a lot longer to create than usual. The HTML is twice as heavy too. What's the point of comments in a markup language anyway? Anyone who can't figure out what's going on in a well structured HTML document has no business trying to read it.

I didn't learn any new HTML for this assignment, but I did learn how to create a comment in a css file.

It works on the Mac and PC on FF and IE and Safari. There is no point in learning to create sites for firefox only - IE sucks and you have to learn to deal with it.

The assignment said I had to include an image, so I included an exciting piece of internet media.

http://121.ideabulb.com/

No comments: