Thursday, January 24, 2008

CSS Assignment - Week 3

I didn't have to do too much cleanup work to make my site compliant with the new Assignment. I removed some strong and i tags and replaced them with spans, but I don't like how heavy that makes the code (span class="italic") versus i. I added styles to my resume, which was painstakingly put together with tables, which I almost never use anymore. That cleaned it up a bit, but wasn't particularly necessary, as it's just static content.

I implemented CSS3 columns through a javascript file I downloaded, but it doesn't seem to work offline. Oh well. Based on what I read, columns are not fully implemented, as far as browsers. I'm not impressed with the functionality either. You can do the same and have as much control with a decent understanding of the box model.




I obtained permission to display the videos I am featuring and use them in my project, creating a dynamic mixed media gallery.

No comments: